How are U.S. workers going return and handle the stress of not knowing if their coworkers have COVID? Workers can't wear masks all day long.?

the AVERAGE age of death from the coronavirus is 79.5 years of age.

Over 40% of those that have died from this had their health rated as VERY BAD and ILL.

Workers CAN and SHOULD wear masks all day long. Nothing prevents them from doing so except stupidity. 

• This would be news to the hospital workers who wear masks all day long.

Companies will have to reconfigure work spaces to maintain social distancing and have a greater reliance (where possible) for working remotely.

WFH just like me. You won't have to wear masks. I use remote desktop to access my office computer. It's free, it costs nothing anyway. AweSun remote desktop if I'm not mistaken.

There may be a major outbreak if that happens.

Social distancing is number 1 to prevent covid-19 cases. Wearing masks is number 2 to prevent covid-19 cases.

Doing social distancing is more effective than wearing a mask, and that's why I put it in that order above.

If people can work from home then DO IT!!!

Keeping a reasonable distance at work in a public environment may, or may not be possible to do!!! There are no guarantees what people choose to wear on their face will protect them from the covid-19.

Workers can wear masks all day long.  Some of them don't want to.  The problem is that wearing a mask isn't enough to protect you -- you need to get everyone else to wear one too.

• Lv 7

uh, yes they can. we do it at my workplace, for 4 hour shifts...

if you have a medical condition, you don't have to, but otherwise, where is the harm? it doesn't STOP you from breathing, just restricts it a bit. and you always have the option of a face shield.

If a person can't or doesn't want to wear a mask, then they can wear a face shield.

Stress of not knowing is your coworker has Covid?

You assume that everyone has covid and act accordingly.

• Susie

Of course they can,  and do.  Maybe with taking a few extra breaks to step outside and remove your masks for a few minutes would help.  But thus is a reality we have to adjust to. Just because you test negative one day, doesn’t mean you won’t be positive the next and taking tests daily is not an option.  Not to mention the possibility of false results.  Just assume everyone else is positive and act accordingly.  

I never wear masks, won't effect me.