How should I handle my car if I have a tyre blowout?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You should stay in control, pull off to the shoulder as soon as possible, and change the tire.  Sorry, tyre.

If you're moving at highway speeds when a blowout happens, it won't be easy to stay in control.  It might not even be easy to keep the remaining wheels on the ground, but do try.  Road vehicles have been proven to be nearly impossible to fly safely.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Don't slam on the brakes. Take you foot off the gas and keep on traveling in the same direction you were traveling when the tire blew out.  Let your car slow down enough that you can pull off the roadway.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

1) Don't panic and pull over safely.

2) Replace with spare ( assuming your vehicle has one...not all do these days ).

3) Continue on journey and get the tire fixed/replaced as soon as you can.

• 1 month ago

Do not panic. Hold steering wheel tightly, let off the gas pedal, apply the brake lightly, and ease off the side of the road. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lv 7
    1 month ago

put the spare on.

drive to tire store.

replace or repair tyre.

• 1 month ago

Hold it straight on the road, slow down and get off to the side.

'

Modern tires/tyres seldom blow out.  I have had one in over 1,000,000 miles of driving .  And that one was no problem because modern cars handle so much better.

• Barry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Brake gently and pull over with hazard lights on. Change wheel. Off you go.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.