Is it possible to figure out if a diamond is real or fake by a picture?

If so and the diamonds are real is it possible to figure out the diamond quality?

• Boy

no you will have to go to a jeweler and let him look at the diamonds underneath a eyeglass and he would know and determine if they are authentic or synthetic 

• e9601:

Nope. Go to a jeweler and find out.

• kelvin

not even possible

If Photoshop exists, and you can fake a photograph... i have a photo of a nice bridge to sell you  :)

Why don't I just photoshop in the Hope Diamond.  I'd say no to your question

You will never be able to tell by a picture. You need the real article at hand to tell.

• Lili

No.  A gemologist needs to take a look and then give you both authentication and the rating.

That looks like a fairly old piece, though, and judging by the design of the setting, I'd say you've got possibly genuine diamonds there. Take it to a jeweler.