Everyone says I stink?

Apparently I have pretty stinky armpits 🤢. I noticed it maybe twice months ago. The first time I convinced my mom to buy me coconut deodorant. The second time I immediately showered, put on my deodorant, perfume and I never had a problem again, At least I though I didn’t. My sister was the first to tell me, gagged dramatically and told me I ‘stunk like a skunk’. I didn’t believe her at first, I know she’s not a fan of my perfume, but the look on her phase when I raised my arms was enough to tell. I was so embarrassed I showered right away and re applied deodorant. My friends at school started pulling me aside to tell me I was too old to not be wearing deodorant (14) and how they use to have body odour too etc... I don’t know if my sister told my mom or if she smelled it too, but she sat me down to give me a speech about hygiene. Now I shower every day. I’ve tried all different deodorant (even natural and men!) all kinds of soap and powder and supplements. And my mom does an armpit check to see if I stink before I leave, the answer is always yes, it’s mortifying! She took me to the doctors this morning and he said It’s normal b.o and it’ll pass when I’m done puberty, but that’ll be years :(  What sucks is I can’t even smell it anymore so I struggle to hide it, I don’t want to be the stinky girl! Especially cuz lady’s should NEVER smell. What do I do??

• Yes 14 is definitely too old to not be wearing deodorant. Maybe you just need to try a couple of different brands until you find one that works. In the meantime (until you do) bring a deodorant in your bag to school and some baby wipes. Go into the bathroom maybe in the middle of the day and use the wipes and reapply the deodorant and see if that helps. I personally use an antiperspirant and that helps a lot, but it's not exactly good for you unless you sweat a lot too, so it's definitely a last resort. Hope you figure it all out.

If it gets damp under your pits, maybe you can clean it at school and apply some powder to help keep it dry. Also, there's a prescription anti-persperant you can get to keep it dry. There's a condition called "hyperhydrosis" where people produce more sweat, and so more bacteria will grow and cause a smell. Maybe you have it. 

awww deary you should shave your armpits and apply deodorant like never before and I recommend using Mitchum deodorant the wet kind people hate wet but it works the best. Plus diet can play a role it's really true you are what you eat. seriously 

Oh go to youtube and watch hygiene videos that's more detailed

Hi Jenna, sorry that you're one of possibly the million to one that suffers from this particular dilemma as it must be soul-destroying quite often. However, you appear to have very nice friends that have your best interest at heart, so please let them know what the Doctor said so they can continue to support you knowing it's not your lack of hygiene but that there's a medical term for your condition that affects teenagers during puberty. However, the worst-case scenario is that some teenagers suffer their entire puberty, so let's hope I'm one of the lucky ones., so you guys don't have to wear a peg on your nose around me, lol. No pun intended I just wanted you to know you can have some fun with it as you appear to have a great support factor of close friends. I wish you the very best and seriously hope that you're one of the lucky ones and your condition clears up long before your puberty ends. 

You are probably one of the few who develop istinkidous.  The best practice is to get use to this condition as there is nothing that you can do about it.  I'd still shower but no need for deodorant or perfume, they are ineffective on people like you who stink.

Sorry and best of luck

I’m a 28 year old female. When I was your age, my armpits smelled like vinegar in the summer. I no longer have that smell as an adult. But I do get a faint smell if I don’t take care of myself. Here’s what I do to prevent smelling. For soap, use an antibacterial soap for the parts that smell. These are cheap ($1 a bar). Shower daily and always wear a clean set of clothes. If your clothes smell, wash it before you wear. Check your deodorant if it is an antiperspirant. If not, choose one that says antiperspirant AND deodorant. Deodorant is just a fragrance that will mask the smell, however, the antiperspirant can prevent you from sweating. Have you ever noticed your odour is stronger when you wear particular clothing? This is because synthetic materials make you sweat and hence stink more than natural materials (check the composition tags on your clothes). Wear a cotton shirt underneath your clothes (I do this and it helps tremendously). 

(Side note: I’ve tried using baby powder and fragranced powder and it didn’t work for me. The original Lady Speed Stick worked for me in the past but I cannot stand the new fragrance in it). 

I wouldn’t worry too much at your age, I bet you a lot of kids you know stink sometimes too. I know it’s embarrassing, but you say your doctor told you it’ll go away with time, believe him til you have a reason to doubt him, go with that. It’ll suck and you might get teased for it, but in the long run who cares. If you’re doing everything you’re supposed to, there’s not much more you can do. I was the stinky kid for 6 years as my hormones settled out, Just learn to own it and be a badass lady

Read the message below for tips.  Note they say to use both deodorant and antiperspirant.  Make sure you wear a fresh shirt every day, and wash them frequently.

Managing teen body odor

–The obvious first line of defense is to wash. Parents should encourage youth to wash their armpits and groin area at least once a day and after exercising; washing removes bacteria as well as sweat and oils.

–Youth should shower or bathe regularly. Hair and skin also produce additional oils during adolescence and will not look or smell great without regular cleaning.

–Use antibacterial soap, deodorant and antiperspirant. Antibacterial soap kills bacteria that interact with sweat to cause body odor. Deodorant contains aluminum, which stops bacteria from growing. Antiperspirant blocks sweat ducts, producing less sweat, which also equals less bacteria.

• Liz

Bromhidrosis is foul-smelling body odor related to your sweat. Perspiration itself actually has no odor. It's only when sweat encounters bacteria on the skin that a smell can emerge. Other than body odor (BO), bromhidrosis is also known by other clinical terms, including osmidrosis and bromidrosis.

How Do I Fight Body Odor?

Apply an antiperspirant at bedtime. ...

Keep your underarms dry. ...

Try a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water to fight body odor. ...

If sweat from working out is your No. ...

Change your diet. ...

If you have excessive sweating (called hyperhidrosis), talk to your doctor.

See the article on the website below.

Source(s): wol.jw.org/g74 3/8 Banishing B.O.

start waxing or shaving.

without hair the smell producing bacteria has nowhere to hang out.

i don't think it's a big deal at your age kids are allowed to be gross.