Weight beared on non weight bearing ankle?

I had my ORIF surgery almost 4 weeks ago and I accidentally stood up on it. I was sat on my bed and I thought someone had broken in so I stood up. I didn't have my boot on so I was stood up. I was stood on it for about 3 seconds until I dropped back down on to the floor. It didn't hurt where I had my pins put in but my tendons hurt a bit. I've taken some pain killers to ease my tendon pain.

Like the other person said, I don't think it's something to worry about.  If the pain increases, I'd call your surgeon and let them know what happened.

I understand being nervous about every little movement after a surgery. That was me too when I had shoulder surgery and was in an immobilizer sling. I had just gotten out of the shower and before I could get my sling back on, I sneezed a few times. Even that little bit of movement had me worried. So I get it. 

Hope you heal quickly and have a smooth recovery!

You should be fine, but if your worried, contact the hospital an have it examined.  I have broken my leg several times.  I did the same as you on a few occasions and since it was for such a short time, my leg was fine.

Source(s): I did this too