do u think christians make good leaders (Obama said he is a christian)?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

And you believed him?  Go figure.  He forged his birth certificate and his draft card.  this is not a matter of opinion.  The "birth certificate" provided by the White House for him contained layers where information had been added or modified.  The Democrats were too arrogant or too stupid to collapse the whole thing into one layer.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Obama was a good leader because he is a good man.  He is a christian too.  He didn't let his religion interfere with his job, like Dubya did, and he didn't use christians like toilet paper the way Trump does.

I think a christian can be a good leader.  Being christian is not why they are good leaders.

• 2 months ago

Politicians in the US have to at least claim to be Christian in order to get elected.

Kyrsten Sinema (US Senator from Arizona) is the only professed atheist that I know of who has managed to get elected.

• Wundt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If they lead with their Christianity (i.e. make decisions on governance based on their Christian doctrine) then they are a bad leader.  A good leader is able to consider other points of view and make decisions based on evidence... not doctrine.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

A politician?  Are you kidding?

• 2 months ago

Silly question.  Some do and some don't.  

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • rodcom
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I would prefer somebody who leads without taking religion into account.  We are not a theocracy.  I think that Obama was mildly religious at best, but at least he has been educated to know more than just Christianity.

• gillie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some good leaders happen to be Christian.  Being Christian does not, by itself, make one a good leader.

• 2 months ago

Religion, or lack of, has little bearing on how well a person can run a country.

• 2 months ago

NO.  One's religion and leadership are mutually exclusive matters.  And remember that the US Constitution says there will be no religious test for any office or trust.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.