Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Will doing burpees everyday make me lose weight and get my stomach toned ?

It’s kind of embarrassing to admit, but I’m flying out to see this guy in less than a month and I want to lose a few pounds and look kinda toned because I have a little rascal of a belly and I don’t want him to see it because we’ll probably end up having sex and I want to feel confident when I take my clothes off. So will doing burpees help me lose weight and help me get a little bit of a toned stomach?

Probably not.  It depends on how many burpees you do.  Weight loss is 80% diet.  No one exercise is going to address any weight or body composition issues.

A burpee isn't going to engage all of your stomach muscles or engagement continuously during the move.  Yes, it does use your abs, but not nearly as well as an actual 10-minute ab-focused routine that would include a variety of sit-ups/crunches, planks, and leg lifts.You'd be better off doing a full-body, body weight workout that includes high-intensity cardio combined with a range of exercises like push-ups and squats as well as some serious focus on the core. 

Again, if you want to lose weight and fat, you need to change your calorie consumption and decrease your carbs.