Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Date him or not - his balding is unattractive?

I met a guy on a dating app. He has only one picture of him without a cap on his profile and in that picture he looks like he has a head full of hair.

Due to covid (lack of haircut), or due to a insecurities, he showed up on the first 6 dates with a cap on. We had a lovely time and we got along very well.

Finally on date 7 he showed up without a cap and I noticed that he is balding a lot. It has surely reduced my physical attraction toward him.

Had he put a picture on his profile showing his balding or had he come on the first date without a cap, I am not certain I would have felt attracted to him and pursued him.

That’s really okay to have preferences, It’s up to you to date him or Not. If He’s a good guy, then i would suggest you to date him, if he’s not, then don’t. Being bald Doesn’t make him a bad Guy. But still you can Have your preference, and can get a lot of Good Guys who are not bald. ;)

So it is Up to You to Decide to Date Him or Not.

You're allowed to have preferences. Just simply say to the man you don't think it is going to work out, that way you can find someone with a full head of hair, and he can find someone who will love his polishable bonce. 

do you really not understand how shallow you just reveled yourself look. Hopefully he has more brains than a block of wood and will be able to see right through your bull **** shallow ways and save his time for someone that deserves it .you should just keep riding whichever tool it is this week.

• SW-6

I want to say this:  If he is a good, respectful, caring and kind man - you better grab him.  You know you are a good person who also one day be lacking in some piece of beauty so does it matter?  Good men, the one who "gets" you and vice versa, can be a best friend as well as everything else in your life, are rare - what does a patch of hair matter?  Think about it.....

I have to say this:  Dont date him.  IF you find something like this a negative, where does it end?  This man might be looking for something real and lasting, where you might find something else "not attractive" on him and leave him broken hearted in your quest for a more "attractive" man.

I gotta say - how many good men are cast aside because they have a flaw then haw many broken hearted women are out there because they chased and ran after the Brad Pitts, Denzel Washington's who are so used to all the attention they get they don't know how to appreciate it and take it for granted.  Their only goal in life is to gather as many women to admire them as possible.  Now, if you look at the  Steve Buscemi's, Forrest Whittaker's, who you might turn your nose up at, these might be the good men you are missing out on.  Good luck to you :)

That's pretty vain but if it's that big of a deal then you have to do what makes you happy. Just know hes gonna know why and be prepared to lie or stand your ground. Even if he doesn't say anything he knows I've known for years about few traits I have that are "sweet" but too sweet that put women off I never say anything because I'm just grateful for time I had and never want to make a.girl feel.guilty or bad about making a decision that is hers to make. My ex (who I'd only been dating for 3 weeks at the time) shaved her head bald during a manic episode it looked bad but I like her personality and her sexual personality as well. (She was kind dominate). But if you're a.normal person who loves normal things like regular sex and.looks find someone else but if there is more of a connection just tell him about it and he could wear a.wig or hair.tramsplat 

If that matters so much, move on

PS I am NOT bald!

Did you show up to the first dates with makeup covering all those little flaws or did you just let it all hang out warts & all? How does YOUR profile pic look?

In the Real world, as dating apps & Dating Sites go, chatting & flirting is pretty common but it's rare as hell to actually meet a real person, 

But on the bright side at least he didn't stand you up or show up a hundred lbs overweight after conning you with a profile pic from his freshman year in collage & interview you like a potential sex partner with stupid questions like whether or not you swallow or something!

Admittedly he even made a favorable impression on you for six dates. That is until he took his Hat off on the 7th date.

Wow! SEVEN dates & all it took to turn you off was seeing the top of his head.

Most know whether they're gonna bother seeing somebody again within 2 minutes after meeting the First time & typically even see ALLOT more than the just top of somebody's head by the Fourth date!

So,

Now that you know what he looks like in person, thin hair & all, you can either Ghost him or date him for a while and THEN ghost him since according to your own personal exacting standards, as dates go, you may get along well enough but with that thinning hair he's just not a frkn keeper.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  But do the guy a favor & don't bother to waste your time or his by 'Friend Zoning' him,,, trust me,,even thin-haired guys you meet through dating apps DON'T go out with anybody as many as Seven frkn Times cause they wanna be 'just friends'!

If you're even thinking about getting rid of someone over something so frivolous, you may as well just do the guy a favor and not date him anymore asap. You obviously have little to no hope in this life at anything even close to happiness. Way too shallow!

Was there a question in there somewhere, sweta, or did you just feel like telling us about your dates for no apparent reason?

"Had he put a picture on his profile showing his balding or had he come on the first date without a cap, I am not certain I would have felt attracted to him and pursued him."

Interesting sentence.

Point is, you did pursue him, and you did like him, enough to have several dates.

You could meet, fall in love and marry a man with a full head of hair, and down the line he goes bald. Then what? ditch him?

If something like balding is as much of an issue as you say it is, then move on. No point doing anything else, he cant help it, and you dont like it. You are only wasting everyones time if you do anything else.

Hopefully as you get older and mature you will change your mind set, as everyone ages, and lots of things come with that, that we all need to accept