I asked " are you proud to be a black person" and did not get one reply- what gives ? It's not a racist question, is it ?

I asked " are you proud to be a black person" and did not get one reply- what gives ? It's not a racist question, is it ?

on the other hand I got four answers from white people where I asked the same question.

Two said yes,   one of them brining trump support into their reply, and two didn't answer the question just saying they had no say in the color skin they were born with.

Update:

yes, but if ,for example,  I had asked " are you proud to be a woman- ?"  would you still think it's not a " particularly good" question ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

More likely, users are looking at it as a chat violation and thus skip it. Almost any "Are you..." can be a chat violation.

• 1 month ago

silly q/a///////////////

• 1 month ago

Lets all just try and leave all the Pride all over the place for the Homos.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why should anyone be proud of being something that they had no part in creating.  Be proud of winning a race - you trained hard to get to that level of fitness.  Be proud of your children because of their success in school etc. I'm not surprised that you had to response to your initial question.  No-one would have had a clue whether you were being serious, goading black people, or being plain stupid.

There is no reason to be proud of who/what we are - we are what we turn out to be and not of our own efforts.  Thank God for your life as it is and use whatever talents God has given you to perform well in life generally, helping others along the way with your own specific abilities.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Unfortunately, there will always be Someone that will see Racism in your question. 

But being proud of being born into once race or the other is pointless, but you had no say in the matter-it just is. 

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The colour of anyone's skin isn't something to be "proud" of at all.  It's normal to be proud of your achievements, like passing exams, doing charity work, getting promoted, producing some piece of art, etc, but as none of us have any control over what colour our skin is, being proud of it - or otherwise - doesn't make sense.

Neither does being 'proud' to be a woman, British, a senior citizen, gay, etc.

We are what we are.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's a racist question           

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Skin colour is genetically determined, and really there is nothing to be proud of, the question isn’t racist but it’s not a particularly good question, and then people have a right to answer whichever questions they like. Perhaps they feel sensitive about such a topic. The two people who said they have no say in the color of skin they were born with are absolutely right. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.