Stolen uninsured vehicle in Kentucky, will there be impound fee?

If I report a car stolen that doesn't have insurance, will I have to pay fees on towing, recovery and impound? Located in Kentucky, vehicle could be in Indiana..  I've tried finding the answers but I have had no luck. I'm worried if I report my vehicle stolen I won't even be able to get it out of impound and be stuck in the same loop. Exactly how screwed am I at this point?

Stealing is different from Impound & from insurance & from towing(which is part of recovery).

Right now you do not know where your vehicle is so report it stolen. When they find it you will be notified. Impound is just the special parking lot that costs alot to have cars parked there(per day) I am certain you will want to have your car towed home.(it is parked free in your yard) Nothing is free so you will have to pay for towing...or I guess you could go there and INSURE IT and drive it home.(I have never been in your situation) Still there was towing to the police impound yard, so you pay to have it released, and then you pay to have it plated and insured and gassed up and drive the car home. The impound lot is like a "holding CELL"

You may get lucky and the cops find your stolen car parked on the side of the road in Hooterville...or Fuckknowswhere. Sorry Batman.

The OWNER of the vehicle is responsible for any and all recovery fees.  The insurance doesn't matter.

• g

Any and all recovery fees will be on you, Faith, 100%.  

• May

An uninsured vehicle is all your responsibility.  You will owe towing, storage and other fees whether or not you report to the police that it has been stolen.

If the vehicle is recovered, the police will know the owner by the VIN on the vehicle.  You will have to pay towing and storage charges.

You HAVE to report your car as stolen so you will not be responsible in case the vehicle is involved in a crime or in an accident.  You do not want the FBI tearing your house apart.

• Scott

You own the car, you're responsible for any recovery fees.