Why are most Christians so racist, homophobic and all around hateful?

Why are so many people still believing in something which has consistently fostered hatred, bigotry, ignorance and violence everywhere it has been introduced? 

Update:

lol, Marxism didn't burn a cross in front of black peoples homes and preach that slavery was fine based on skin tone. It also doesn't fire bomb abortion clinics and drive gay teens to suicide, but I digress. Please answer the question.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Christianity did not end slavery nor did it do anything for women's rights. It has fought both for centuries, still does. Why is BLM labeled a 'Marxist' anything? That's, oddly, what MLK was labeled. That he was a commie recruiting for Russia and trying to turn America all MARXIST. 

Shall we talk about purity culture? Or birth control? Or hell, ABORTION RIGHTS? Tell me again how Christianity has...helped women at all in any way except to label them as breeders or perpetual mommies? Certainly not as leaders in any way, shape or form. When did women begin to lead congregations...? Or preach...? Or...do anything in churches except make sammiches? Oh sure, they can teach other women how to do lady-stuff while the menfolk do all the important ****, sure! And those progressive churches, oh my, Satan reigns in such places, I hear. I hear that a lot. 

Oh and the rampant homophobia that's stripping rights away even now. Christian-based bigotry is still bigotry. You don't get a pass on this one. 

Marxism isn't what Huntsie and others think it is. I suggest you all go look up what it actually is, then realize it's never ever been practiced anywhere on this planet. Jesus was closer to actual Marxism than your average SCARY LIBERAL SCARYPERSON INSERTED HERE. 

You can also, if you can stomach it, look up the history of race and the Mormon church. And hey, look up mainstream churches and Manifest Destiny. And look up the Moral Majority and Focus on the Family and...yep. 

I'm sure there are some 'good' Christians out there. But gee golly, is that tree a twisted, awful monster lately. You might wanna trim some branches there, 'good' Christians. Or you're gonna find yourself huddled with all the scary atheist Muslim Marxist scary words scary words tossed out repeatedly by Fox News waiting to know what part of the mass grave you'll be in. Cause hey, getting rid of heretics? That's a totally Christian thing to do. 

Attachment image
    Source(s): FFS-- the KKK, a Protestant based terrorist group, did indeed BURN FUCKING CROSSES, CARMEN. WTF, did you skip American history altogether, kiddo?
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If people want to enjoy sex outside marriage, abortion, homosexual buggery, and promiscuity, Christianity is not the religion for them. In fact, no mainstream world religion - Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Sikhism will accept this crap.

Do women want to lead the church? What is the guarantee that they will not preach abortion from the pulpit? That is the woman who called unborn babies as parasites and dead bodies and women should be able to abort it so that men will not “run everything”. Now she wants to lead the church congregation. That is not a good woman. Yuck. No Christian should listen to that thing. 

• 1 month ago

We aren't and never have been. 

"Marxism didn't burn a cross in front of black peoples homes and preach that slavery was fine based on skin tone."

Neither did Christianity. 

"It also doesn't fire bomb abortion clinics and drive gay teens to suicide"

Neither did Christianity. 

But comparing a political system with the belief that Jesus is your Lord and Savior is like comparing apples and bicycles. It makes no sense. We aren't a political system. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They have a tribal mindset.  "With us or against us", seems their idea of right and wrong.  They are right no matter what, and you are wrong, even if you agree with them.  Fear is the base of christianity, it's solid foundation.  Nothing can shake it, as long as they can terrorize children.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Your accusation is nonsense and it is clear that you know very few Christians. 

Christianity ended slavery, gave woman rights ( you should look up the rights woman had between 500 BC and 200 AD)  and preached equality among all "races" making a universal religion. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Racism is collectivism. All races practice that.  Most decent Christian churches have pastoral care for homosexuals. We are against gay bullying. While bombing abortion clinics is done by few extremist nutters, Christians are against murder of unborn children.

• 1 month ago

Don't confuse Christians with hypocrites.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Instead of following Jesus, they use him as an excuse to be evil because they think he has already forgiven them and Satan, whom they do follow. 

• 1 month ago

1) We arent .

2) Marxism isn't a Christian thing.

• 1 month ago

God only knows why. 

Source(s): The God Yahweh our Intelligent Designer and the missing link in the chain of evolution and is the single common ancestor of all life on earth.
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.