Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Should senior citizens continue flossing their teeth?

If their gums are receding, isn't there more risk of getting junk in them by flossing than by leaving them alone?  Sometimes I wonder if the plaque could be holding some people's teeth together. 

Update:

To Abishek:  So flossing once a day is good even if it feels like the floss is going down too far? 

Update 2:

Oops.  That was dumb since you can't reply in EDIT  after best answer is chosen.  Any newcomers  got an answer? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Daily brushing and flossing of natural teeth is essential to keeping them in good oral health. But mush flossing for senior citizens not good. So use daily brush.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That's really up to them, as I've heard that too much flossing is not good for you.

• RP
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

As long as there appears to be a positive impact, I'd suggest continuing.

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I`m 75 and still have all my own teeth.

I still crunch on pork scratchings and my gums do not bleed.I use those tiny dental brushes to clean in between my teeth after meals. Not ALL old folk are falling apart you know!!!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

i just take mine out and put them in a container of water and throw a cleaning tablet in.  

By morning they are nice and clean with a nice minty flavor. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.