Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

what to do when someone makes fun of you for wearing a mask?

my grandfather actually died from coronavirus and a lot of people in my city are against social distancing and wearing a mask. A guy even called me a loser just because I was wearing a mask. I told him to f*ck off because I wasn't bothering him and that he should just mind his own business. Wow you told a 16 year old they're a loser for wearing a mask and minding their own business? You're so cool. On the bus there are seats with signs to enforce social distancing but people just ignore it and sit on them anyways. Why are people so dumb

• Just ask them if they would prefer flowers or a charity donation at their funeral.

Bull **** story. 

• J

I’m glad you’re standing your ground and not caving into pressure from others. Keep doing the right thing! Let those morons be jerks and you’ll be laughing when they get sick and you don’t. If they sit to close to you, just ask them to move or you move. People will eventually figure out that the virus is real. I hear so many stories of people who didn’t take it seriously and got really sick and regretted it. 

Laugh it off and go onIt takes all kinds and they are entitled to their opinion no matter how stupid it is.

My mask protects you, and your mask protects me.  People should take a look at the photos online that show exhalations from mere breathing, let alone sneezing and coughing.  It may make them believers.

Masks do make it harder to breathe, talk, eat, or even blow your nose.  Hopefully we'll eventually get to the point where we only need to carry one for use in special circumstances.

Wearing a mask is seen as socially responsible for most of the population.  The anti-maskers make choices and you make choices.  One does not negate the other, so best you can do is choose to put your focus elsewhere and ignore the naysayers that choose to comment on your choice.  PS: My condolences on your loss.

• denise

Ignore them, you are being responsible and guarding yourself and others.

• Liz

If you love yourself, wear the mask. Matthew 22:39 -"You must love your neighbor as yourself." Don't worry about the stares; but there is no need to aggravate them by cursing at them. :) People are getting hurt because they're wearing masks.

What to do?

Ignore them, of course.

Seriously.

not much you can do, just dont let them stop you from wearing it