Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 5 months ago

What is the single worst thing to do on a first date?

• Mr. P

Pretend to be something you're not.

Not show up........

Show off by flagging down a taxi with a wave of your knob. 

Only worked once despite hundreds of attempts and that lady slipped me a mickey fin and kept me in a cellar for 18 months.

• F

Stay for breakfast.

Be anonymous?

this is global warming

reported

Hog the time by talking incessantly and not listening to your date.

There are of course other things, but we're talking about things that are likely not unlikely, like that one answer about killing them.  Let's get real.

i'm probably older than most of you here. but a big turn off for me is if my date were constantly checking her phone.....you youngsters probably don't have a clue why that would be a problem

• Talk about marriage, having kids, your exes, their exes.

Also, even though I say it often, do not follow my horrible advice of, "When in doubt, whip it out."

Okay, the obvious stuff is out of the way, so here's the actual advice:

1) If they're making an effort, try to appreciate their intentions, even if everything else isn't going so well.

2) Don't ask, more than once, or early in the date, if they're having a good time or if they're okay.  That sort of concern just gets frustrating and annoying.

3) Contribute to conversation.

In my opinion, there is no bigger turnoff than spilling one's entire life story on only the first date. Talk about awkward. 

Best to save the detailed explanations of their traumas until later in the relationship.