Is it wrong to quit with immediate same day notice in domicilliary care work....?

UK.

Home to home elderly care. They say you should give one month notice, I'm sorry that won't be possible. I must leave now and I have found a job in a restaurant.

• Maxi

Yes it is wrong....... unless you have signed a contract which states in writing one months notice then you only have to give one weeks notice per year you have worked there... with low skilled/low pay jobs like this they emply people who have little to no education... if you signed a contract then 'wrong' becomes LEGALLY required and they can sue you for breach of contract... unlikely they will waste their time though taking you to court as you earn minimum wage

If you don't care about having a good reference, it's your choice.

"Wrong" is about morals and upbringing.  Quitting when you care for dependent people says a LOT about your morals AND your upbringing.