what did you think of singer gary glitter?

i confess i used to like many of his songs, but when i discovered he did what he did.....i was disgusted with him and his songs lost their appeal.

I'm not old enough to remember him when he was around, but just seeing what he looked like creeps me out. He had some dodgy sounding songs, too.

Do You Wanna Touch Me

Doing Alright With the Boys

It Takes All Night Long

His "music" was garbage & he is/was a monster.  For several years the Calgary Flames used to play part of feculent dirge "Rock & Roll" after they scored a goal.  It was dropped like a piece of hot lava after his conviction for possessing child porn.    

Musically I was never really interested in “glam rock” or the “teenybopper“ stuff intended to appeal to young girls. I thought Glitter looked silly dressed as he did as he was overweight and obviously middle-aged.

I quite liked Rock ‘n’ Roll Parts 1 and 2 the first few times I heard it but thought everything else he did sounded more or less the same.

It's a pity he was able to do the things he did but at least his offences  were  discovered (some of them anyway), he served time in prison and is now on the sex offenders register. That, plus his age and ill health, makes it seem unlikely he'll be able to harm anyone else. I hope so amyway.

I am not a fan and I do not own any of his albums. Yes, the private life of an artist does matter. In fact, I often tune out people who did terrible things such as biting the head off of a pigeon on stage. 

He is a registered sex offender. He spent 16 years in prison for sexually assaulting 3 young girls. Click the link.  He is really creepy. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/feb/27/ga...