Why are games on my laptop lagging mid-way?

Okay, trust me when I tell you this is a head scratcher. My games (ONLY online games) like Dota 2 and Doom Eternal Battlemode, start lagging after I play them for a little while. It's not a heating up issue. I play Assassin's Creed Odyssey which is a MUCH heavier game than dota 2 and it doesn't lag no matter how long I play it. Naturally, this made me think it's an internet problem because Doom Eternal's campaign (which is offline) works perfectly. But the problem is my internet is always working just fine. Before gaming on my laptop, I used to game on my ps4 and I used the same internet and used wifi (no ethernet) same as now, and I played all sorts of online games and they never lagged. It's only happening on my laptop. I know it's not a GPU problem or anything either because it only happens online and it only happens once I've played the game for a while. I've also updated my network drivers, WHAT IS THIS????? My Laptop is an Hp pavilion 15 gaming pc. i5 with Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 

I played on someone else's internet and I still got the lag mid-way. On the other hand, when the other person played on my internet, his game did not lag mid-way. 

• Pyrus

Hmm... this is an interesting problem. I'll take a guess here and assume that it could be a compatibility issue. I'm a gamer too, and I have to admit that either "Run as Administrator" or "Run in Compatibility mode" rarely work (they usually do work for me when the problem in question is a software, but very rarely for games). So, here is my second guess: Could it be a bad gaming port? When I'm talking about port, I'm of course referring to the port used to let you go online and play. Try changing that and see if the problem is fixed. You can ask your ISP to do that for you if you want. A peculiar thing that you could also try is Alt+Tab-ing out of the game, waiting a second or two, and going back in. I know it's extremely risky in online gaming, but it's worth a shot. I wonder if your GPU is actually turning off during those games when you are online. Try running "MSI Afterburner" software (it's free) and see your GPU activity. If it lags, alt+tab out and check if your GPU temperature is decreasing, or its activity is decreasing, but not immediately. You have to wait a few seconds, otherwise they will both decrease anyway when you alt+tab out. So, you need to wait a bit to see what happens (play the game lagged a bit). I'm stating this to see the performance, of course, not to check the temperature. The games you mentioned are indeed rather light games for a GTX1050.

On-Line games, it is your provider (ISP)

Pay more for more access. Get another ISP.