Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

are teachers angry that homeschooling has exploded now that the pandemic has made returning to schools impossible and online schooling is ?

ridiculous?

Not at all. People should always do what is best for them and their children. Why would a teacher get angry about people homeschooling it doesn't affect them. Sure, it may reduce the number of teachers needed, but there is generally a teacher shortage anyway but if people do lose their job, they may be angry, but lots of people have lost their job.

Why do you think a teacher would be angry?

I doubt it. I'm sure some of them are annoyed that they have to re-work a lot of what they do so it can happen online, but I'd hope most of them are mature enough not to be angry about it. Homeschooling may have exploded just lately, but many parents are going to find that 1) they don't know how to teach, and 2) they don't have time to teach if they also have a job, and 3) they really really don't enjoy teaching.