Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 month ago

What's your opinion on nicknames? ?

Some people feel that nicknames are a waste of time and that you should refer to your child as the name on their birth certificate. For example, if they name their child Christopher or Victoria then they want them to be referred to as that since it's their "actual name" rather than Chris or Tori.

Others say that nicknames are more characteristic and especially easier for young kids to remember. 

Are you "Yay" or "Nay" on nicknames?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Nicknames are a common practice and are fine.

• 1 month ago

Yay! But the child shoukd choose. The parent can call them whatever they want but if the child wants to use their "actual name" or shorten it, the parent should listen.

• 1 month ago

Depends what the child thinks. Example: My brother's name on his birth certificate is Jake and he goes by Jake. Me on the other hand, my birth certificate says Sydney and i prefer Syd, especially by my friends. My usually uses my full name.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I love nicknames.  I love that many nicknames don't even connect to the given name.  You can't really stop people from giving your child a nickname.  I have friends who gave their kids names that they felt would not get nicknames.  Then they spent the entire time calling them Worm and Sweet Pea.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

are you "yay" or "nay" on shoving sticks up your butt

• 1 month ago

Personally, I like nicknames and I don't mind using nicknames at all.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.