taylor asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

Weightloss?

Hi there so I’m a matter of 3 years I’ve lost 60 pounds. I’m now 175 and 18 years old. A few months ago I broke my foot though and it’s really discouraging. I’m now in a walking boot with one crutch after being non weight bearing for 3. I’m going for very slow walks everyday (around 1-2 miles) swimming and doing ab and arm workouts and eating under 1000 calories and have barely seen any improvement. I feel like the workouts I’m doing just aren’t enough and was wondering if anyone had pointers. I’m also too embarrassed to go to the gym as a cripple so I need more home workout ideas.

Weight loss and maintenance are 80% diet.  To lose weight you have to be in a daily calorie deficit.  If you are burning fewer calories due to less activity, then you need to decrease your daily calorie consumption to compensate for that.  You may also be building more muscle now.  Working out can increase your caloric burn as well as improve your cardiovascular fitness and muscle mass.  

Another thing you can consider is some combination of a keto diet and intermittent fasting.  When we eat carbohydrates our body produces insulin to transport the glucose from the carbs to our cells to use as fuel.  Insulin also tells your body not to burn fat because a new shipment of easy-to-use glucose has arrived.  Even if you are in a calorie deficit, you body won't be accessing stored fat if you are eating carbs.  A combination of a no-carb eating plan with a daily period of 14-16 hours of fasting (after dinner until, say, noon the next day) will enable your body to burn stored fat.  

I know I'm no one to tell you what to do,but the very slow walks a day should be enough.of course that is if you can,and feel no pain..take it slow and eat a healthy amount of calories..you are still young lose weight the right way so it will stick with you for the rest of your life..