Whiplash claim/HMRC?

Hi, I’m asking on behalf of a family member. 

If they had received money from a whiplash claim, can HMRC take this straight from them? Would they inform them first? This is if they owed some money for an over payment in tax credits. I’ve searched and searched and can’t find any answers 

1 Answer

  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

    Yes is the answer. UK Lawyers have to inform HMRC about any money received from accidents. , also,DWP.

    Your family member should ask this Q from their Solicitor.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.