Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 month ago

Why do people hate you if you're a millionaire/billionaire, famous, and/or a professional athlete?

There is generally a lot of hatred towards the elite in America, such as pro athletes, Hollywood celebrities, politicians, billionaires, etc

I personally have a little bit of a "thing" against anyone who hasn't had to work/pay for anything in their whole lives - they don't have to be millionaires, just spoiled. When someone grows up like that I think 99% of the time they grow up a bit entitled, a bit spoiled and most of all, don't understand what it's like for people that spent their whole lives - even their childhoods - sacrificing, making do with very little and working their asses off. At the end of the day, it's just me wanting to play the victim.

There are lot of f*cking people that think billionaires shouldn't exist, celebrities and athletes shouldn't be getting paid as much as they do, etc. and that no doubt creates some hate.

When you have money to give and a "platform" (fans, opportunities to say stuff that will be heard by thousands if not millions) people also expect those billionaires/celebrities/athletes to use their money/platform in a way they would personally if they had that kind of influence and get mad when they don't.

Also, some people just don't mesh with other people. There are people I've met in my own life who haven't done anything wrong but annoy me to no end. There are celebrities that annoy me to no end - whether it's because I think they are painfully overrated or just find them really fake, etc. This kind of 'clash' gets amplified when it's a celebrity you don't "vibe" with because you have to deal with everyone else around you adoring them.

The only thing we hate about them is that they are wlling to sink to a level theat most people would not sink to...like throwing dirt in the face kind of trickery

Some of it can be Jealously 

But when you’re in the public eye people will be criticized for everything they do, so people are more judgmental  whether deserved or not  

And celebrities are put on this  high pedestal people expect them to be perfect. 

Nobody is perfect though, even Celebrities 

• Kathy

Because they may be jealous of what the millionaire has.