Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

what is the thinking of people that display  a bumper sticker or sign "My Kid is an honor student at so and so highschool"?

what do most people think of them? what they think others think of them? why maybe?

or putting a sign in their yard that brags about what school their kids are going to

I think (I don't know because I can't get inside their heads to find out for sure) that the idea is a form of encouragement for the child to do well.  It is a reward for the child, would be the intention.  I doubt that is the real reason for many people.  They are bragging, or trying to brag given that it isn't all that remarkable a thing worth bragging about.  I bet a lot of the children are embarrassed by it.  There are two types of child when it comes to this: the one that expects to do well and does not need this wasted braggadocio; and the ones who don't care if they make the honor roll or not (which is why they often do not; they do not aspire to that goal).

But I don't really look at these things negatively.  I don't care if others find this to be important or not.  I have my own concerns and interests.  Not my place to tell others how to be unless it affects me and others in a bad way.  these bumper stickers don't cause me or anyone harm as far as I can tell.

I assume it's to show they are proud of their kid. 

I had a bumper sticker on the back window of my 1967 Belvedere that read "My kid beat up your honor student".  Someone peeled most of it off one night when I left it parked outside of a bar.

The liberal teachers started that bullshit to make the parents think their kid is learning instead of being indoctrinated to hate America.

It is a farce.

Sirbriggs = Reported

i dont know what those idiots are thinking ive got one that says "hell yes im drunk you really dont think im a stunt driver"

Why would any normal person put a sign in their yard that says "My kid is an honor student at so and so high school"? you are just a sad troll who has nothing better to do than ask stupid idiotic questions. You are a buffoon.