Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

what is the thinking of people that display  a bumper sticker or sign "My Kid is an honor student at so and so highschool"?

Update:

what do most people think of them? what they think others think of them? why maybe?

or putting a sign in their yard that brags about what school their kids are going to

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

I think (I don't know because I can't get inside their heads to find out for sure) that the idea is a form of encouragement for the child to do well.  It is a reward for the child, would be the intention.  I doubt that is the real reason for many people.  They are bragging, or trying to brag given that it isn't all that remarkable a thing worth bragging about.  I bet a lot of the children are embarrassed by it.  There are two types of child when it comes to this: the one that expects to do well and does not need this wasted braggadocio; and the ones who don't care if they make the honor roll or not (which is why they often do not; they do not aspire to that goal).

But I don't really look at these things negatively.  I don't care if others find this to be important or not.  I have my own concerns and interests.  Not my place to tell others how to be unless it affects me and others in a bad way.  these bumper stickers don't cause me or anyone harm as far as I can tell.

• 2 months ago

I assume it's to show they are proud of their kid. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I had a bumper sticker on the back window of my 1967 Belvedere that read "My kid beat up your honor student".  Someone peeled most of it off one night when I left it parked outside of a bar.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The liberal teachers started that bullshit to make the parents think their kid is learning instead of being indoctrinated to hate America.

It is a farce.

Sirbriggs = Reported

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

i dont know what those idiots are thinking ive got one that says "hell yes im drunk you really dont think im a stunt driver"

• 2 months ago

Why would any normal person put a sign in their yard that says "My kid is an honor student at so and so high school"? you are just a sad troll who has nothing better to do than ask stupid idiotic questions. You are a buffoon.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.