Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 months ago

Why doesn't my son call me?

much when he's with his wife ?

Because you foolishly found him a bad wife. A smart woman finds a wife for her son who will be good to his mother. You have been stupid. Now you have to start over and try to get rid of his bad wife and find him a good one, which is what you should have done in the first place. You're getting old so stop wasting time or you'll be old with a bad daughter-in-law who won't help you or even allow your son to help his old mother.

This issue is not unique to you and your son. As children get married and move out to live with their spouses, they tend to keep less frequent contact with their parents. Even though you may not like it, it is a normal part of people's development. People's communication is proportional to the time they spend together, emotional investment, and other factors. As he is spending more time with his wife, his emotional connection with her gets stronger and their communication gets closer. That means he has less opportunity to call you

My son does that to. I know he loves and cares for me. I guess he just gets tied up in his everyday life with the wife and kids. I wouldn't take it personally.

Because he's an ungrateful loser that's why. 

You give up your life for him and this is how he repays you?  I think these answers are really harsh calling you clingy. I'm pretty sure you'd like him to call you now and again, perhaps once a month, not every single day as other people seem to think. It's not unreasonable to want that. 

It's not right the way kids totally cut off their parents then expect to get an inheritance just because they're related. You should cut him out of the will. Don't let him and his smug wife spend your money after you die.

He has a life of his own and he is a fully grown adult. I suggest you take a look in the mirror and realize that if you keep up this behavior you are only going to push your son away further and then he won’t want to talk to you. Maybe he doesn’t want to talk very much with his parents especially if he has his own independent life. You need to learn when it’s time to let go. Your son will always be your son, but that doesn’t mean that he wants to spend every second of his time with you or be your best friend. Some people prefer to not be friends with their parents because they label family separate from friends. You can’t make him want to talk to you either. Just let him know that if he wants to see you or talk to you he can always contact you, but stop acting desperate and leave him be until he comes to you first.

He has better things to do.., you should ask him though 

You are better off being thankful he continues to call at all.

• KTJoe

I know...you want some hot gossip? Well sonny-boy is a married man he and lovely wife might be spending time making a grandbaby. Its time you let go, join a church maybe start dating again, call family or plan some traveling stuff with husband.

his wife now takes priority.

• BJJ

A son is a son till he gets a wife and a daughter's a daughter all her life