Raw salmon?

How do you prepare raw salmon to eat without cooking? In this picture the salmon looks raw. I've bought salmon from sainsburys packaged and sealed but l don't want to cook it.

Attachment image

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

The salmon in the picture is probably cold-smoked, which does have a raw appearance and texture, but the smoke will have killed/inactivated bacteria etc. The Japanese eat a lot of raw fish [suchi], but not sure if this includes salmon.

• 2 months ago

I don't think you should eat raw food that's why people in china have that virus they are the only people in the world who eat raw food why do you want to anyway it probably tastes like crap 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

buy sashimi, its hella expensive but its "safer" to eat. 

• 2 months ago

You can only eat it raw if its sushi grade

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

One option is to pasteurize the salmon in a sous vide circulator. Salt the salmon then place it in a bag with no air (I use a vacuum sealer). Wait half an hour, then put in a sous vide circulator bath at 115° for half an hour to 45 minutes, depending on how thick the cut is.. The other way is to use sushi grade salmon and eat it raw.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is a way to 'cure' it with lemon and dill, the recipe is called 'Gravadlax', you may find it on 'Google'.   

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It needs cooking unless it's smoked salmon.

Cooking kills the bacteria.

• Merry
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

CB is correct - you could also cure it in gin (,it's amazingly good) but it does take 48hrs. 

https://www.taste.com.au › recipes

Web results

Gin-cured salmon with cucumber and lime - Taste

• CB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Unless the salmon is sushi (shashimi) quality you don't eat it raw with out risking your health. You could make cerviche, the acid from the citrus cures the meat - just look up a recipe on google.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Honestly wouldnt recommend it. Salmon has been found to harbour bacteria, viruses and parasites. Its safe enough if cooked, but if you eat raw salmon, you run the risk of infection

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.