What are good affordable luxuryish cars?

My budget is about 5-7k it would be my first car so Im not looking for anything to have for probably more than 5 years, I also live in a big city that gets a lot of snow in the winter and is about -40f at its coldest. That being said I wanted a bmw but hear bad things about older ones. Im looking for something comfortable and luxury for that price, obviously it wont be the best but something enjoyable to drive but that is also reliable. Sorry if its hard to understand, I dont know too much about cars. Thanks.

DO NOT BUY A LUXURY CAR. A luxury car so low in price will be old, unreliable and expensive to maintain. DO NOT BUY BMW, VOLVO or MERCEDES or any  AMERICAN made luxury cars. Buy a full sized SIX CYLINDER Toyota Camry or Honda Accord sedan with front wheel drive , especially for a first car.  They are comfortable, extremely reliable and good on snow and ice. Have a plug-in block heater installed for severe winter cold. 

Source(s): over 40 years experience witrh cars.

DON'T look for luxury. Luxury was never meant to be affordable.

Look for something basic.

Buy a used Lexus.  Make sure the heater works BEFORE buying..