will a woman whos been married before.will she wear the white wedding dress for her new man if thats what he wants?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If they want - they will.  I'm surprised it still fits her.  Personally if she's gonna wear it, she should change it a bit - add a color waist band or bow.

• Only it he is hung..............

• 1 month ago

Sure, why not?

It's nice to remember that what many Americans perceive as 'traditional' weddings are really just a hodge-podge of elements from different periods of time and different cultures. White dresses came about to announce the wealth of the wearer: a white dress isn't practical. A woman who wore one could afford a dress she'd only wear once. 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

She might. That's considered a bit déclassé but if the guy really wanted it she'd probably do that for him. Besides, not all white dresses are created equally and something more casual than a gown would probably be acceptable in white for a second or so wedding. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

What is worn at the wedding ceremony these days doesn't necessarily go along with tradition.  The white wedding dress is suppose to represent the brides purity,  It is between the people getting married.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When a woman who's been married before remarries, she can wear a dress of whatever color she wants. If her "new man" wants her to wear a white dress, she can - but only if she CHOOSES to wear a white dress. The color of the dress she wears is completely up to her.

When my son and my DIL were married, she had been divorced for several years and had two daughters who were in their early 20's and who were her bridesmaids.. She chose to wear a long white dress at the wedding. I don't think my son ever SAW her dress or knew what color it was, until she was walking down the aisle.

• 1 month ago

Depends on the person, but white dresses for second-time brides are pretty common.

• The bride should wear what she wants to wear, not what the groom wants her to wear.

• 1 month ago

yup thats the tradition.

he doesnt have a say on that.

Its the wedding dress .

But ya it should be a nice simple dress.

hope that answers your question.

• 1 month ago

depends on the actual woman & her preferences.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.