Ty asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 2 months ago

I’m having trouble coming up with a name for my gadget guy for my World War I spy novel, Who is based on Q from James Bond ?

Yes, we know because you've asked this same exact question half a dozen times already. Your issue seems to be that you lack an imagination. That's why you're forever asking about how to appropriate and copy existing characters and plots. Imagine if this were a fine art forum for painters and sculptors and you were a color by numbers idiot asking whether or not it might be all right for you to trace a François Morellet and put your name on it. What you do is no different. You're a fool and I've removed flyers from beneath my windshield wipers that were more imaginative and well written than anything you'll ever be capable of producing. If you can't think up a name you've got no business attempting to write. Paraplegics don't compete in Olympic games. 

• Marli

I like Needful Sinner's "I" for "Inventor". 

I  will answer "Whiz" for "whizzer, whiz kid, and wizard" (or "Zed", for the "z"; "P" for "parts king" or "professor" (Churchill called his science guy "Professor". He was one.); "Man" "manufacturer" or "manipulate" or "mechanic" (since I can't use "M")

The use of letters as pseudonyms for senior officers in the British Secret Intelligence Service was started by its first director Captain Sir Mansfield George Smith-Cumming who signed himself with a C written in green ink.

Major Boothroyd (also known by the initial "Q") was the fictional quartermaster of the Secret Intelligence Service (SIS/MI6).

A gadget guy who creates stuff... Sergeant Spanner

[spanner is british slang for a wrench]   gizmo, thingamajig, doodad, doohickey

or, the initial I [for inventor].   Have characters confused when "I" is mentioned.

• Kenny

How about Max ....................