Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 5 months ago

What’s a W2 form and 1099 form and how can I get these forms for the previous year ?

3 Answers

  • 5 months ago

    From the people who issued them.

  • 5 months ago

    Form W-2 is a document that an employer gives you telling you how much they paid you and how much tax was withheld.

    There are many types of 1099 forms.  They are used for independent contractors, interest, dividends, stock sales, etc.

  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

    A W-2 is for employees. A 1099-misc form is often for contractor income.  You get each from the payers if they are businesses.

    The IRS copies--if they have them for 2019--can be requested using form 4506-t.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.