Is there some way to get around doing laundry?  Also, will a musical washboard work for actual washing?  If so, how to use it to wash? :)?

Is there another way to get clothes clean?  There's no washer and dryer hookup inmy apartment, and I won't pay to wash clothes I already paid for, so no laundromat for me, thank you.  I've toyed around with various ways to do clothes in the shower, but I've noticed some of my t-shirts subtly changing colors (but not cool colors, but swamp thing and bible story colors), and my favorite t-shirt is slimy in a way that I can't fix.

I think I have a solution; I just need input.  I'm in folk punk band, so I have a washboard, but it's one of those wearable scrubboards, so I don't know if it will work for actual washing.  I've somewhat hesitant to experiment, as I'd hate to ruin my instrument (we're halfway through recording our LP, and I don't want the washboard sound to change song to song), and I don't have the money to replace it.  That said, will this work for cleaning my clothes, and if so, how do you do that?  I've never used a washboard for non-musical, washing-related purposes.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.  If I can't resolve this ldilemma soon, I might be forced to pay some extortionate rate for water and spinning down at the laundromat.  I have the means, just help me water and spin these on my own.  Thank you friends, bless.

A washboard is a washboard.  that's what it's made for.  

Go to a laundromat like what normal people would do.