Book series recommendations?

Not Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings. I am not really into fantasy books or crime books. I am really not into detective books. Also, not the heavy romance ones where they meet in a school and the boy/girl is mysterious or something. I want something more mature. Also nothing heavy on supernatural type things. Any suggestions? 

Get great quality books from https://bestbookawards.org.uk/

• Spike

MAYBE these books for your reading list.

Empire Falls by Richard Russo

The Silver Linings Playbook: A Novel by Matthew Quick 

Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng

Kingdom Keepers series by Ridley Pearson

Kingdom Keepers: The Return series by Ridley Pearson

The English Teacher: A Novel by Yiftach Reicher Atir and Translated by Philip Simpson

Firefly Lane: A Novel by Kristin Hannah 

Fly Away: A Novel by Kristin Hannah 

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul (originally published as A Cup of Friendship): A Novel by Deborah Rodriguez

Very Private Gentleman: A Novel by Martin Booth  

Incarnations of Immortality series by Piers Anthony 

What about Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? They're super. Everyone likes those. Fact.

• Zac Z

I saw your question, was distracted by the coffee machine, then kept brainstorming and came up with a couple of suggestions.

Then I realized that you were asking for book SERIES.

The thing is that many series are in genres that you exclude.

What's left is historical novels even though they also often come as stand-alones, science fiction, and not much else. Maybe some thriller series.

Is that what you're looking for?

I'll go ahead and give you some suggestions, most of which aren't series. Maybe you'll find some of them useful anyway:

- Stieg Larsson's Millennium series

- Ken Follett: The Pillars of the Earth

- Noah Gordon: The Physician

- Donna W. Cross: Pope Joan

- Jonas Jonasson: The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared

- Stephen King: Misery

- Peter S. Beagle: A Fine and Private Place

Mein Kampf 

Mein Kampf 

It would help to know what you ARE interested in. I read my way through the books by James Michener and the historical fiction books by Kenneth Roberts when I was in high school. Later, I came to appreciate Jane Austen, Willa Cather and Edith Wharton.