Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 month ago

Do you think Social Security should be terminated?

• RICK

nope

Contrary to right wing lies a person could not find a civilian plan that includes what SS does for such little money

No.                    

social security is your hard earned money you paid while working , its not right you are being taxed on it twice . That money should have been put into a mandatory savings account so you can earn interest off it 

No but if you never paid into it you shouldnt be able to draw from it.

Sure.  I'll settle for a cash settlement.  Let's see.  It depends of inflation of course, and how long I live.  I figure I'd settle for somewhere between $500k and $1 million.  Make me an offer.

You know Ronald Reagan campaigned against SS for years, saying it was a Ponzi Scheme, it should be abolished or made voluntary.  But once he got nominated for president he swore he'd never said any such thing.  Because he knew that old people vote, and that Republicans depended on SS payments more than Democrats.

The Reagan Revolution increased homeless in the US by literally thousands of percent.  How many more do you think it would have been if he'd abolished SS?

Sure.  Let all of us old people die of starvation.  Covid isn't doing the job fast enough.