Lila asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

Can a doctor test if i’m allergic to makeup?

So I love to wear makeup but every single time i wear it, i get a migraine and sometimes get a stuffy nose and my eyes get watery and a bit puffy. Would the doctor be able to tell what specifically is causing this reaction? Because I still would like to wear makeup, but I really wanna know what kind of makeup I could use and not just completely stop using it. 

• Jack

It's a non essential test if there is one, so be prepared to pay 100s of dollars, or buy some Clinique makeup, you might just need something hypoallergenic and you know what to buy after that.

There are different ingredients in different brands of makeup. You can go through some very expensive allergy testing, or you can read the labels on the bottles. Look for types with different ingredients and see how each affects you. Have you tried the mineral types of foundation? I could never wear a liquid or cream foundation- it made me break out. But I can use the mineral ones.