Amanda
Lv 4
Amanda asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Was she nasty?

When I was paying for something at the cash register, I asked the clerk if they had this particular stuffed animal. She answered, "Uh…was it in the window?" I answered, "No." "Then, we don't have it!" she replied.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Daisy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I guess the 'nastiness' would depend upon the tone of voice she used when she answered your question.   I think the response was a bit blunt and maybe curt, but not nasty.  She probably should have offered an explanation like "Everything we have is in the window. So, if it's not in the window, I'm sorry, we don't have it."  Then, maybe offer to order for you if that service is available?   

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on your personal definition of 'nasty'. I might say 'offhand' or 'casual' but certainly not 'nasty'.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

She wasn't very helpful,  the staff manager would have said to the clerk [when she was first being trained] to say 'I'll just check for you', to keep the customer happy, then when the item wasn't in stock, offer an alternative.

Her attitude is not going to keep customers coming back! 

• East
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Yes, her attitude was out of line.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • e9601:
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, she wasn't nasty. Don't take it personally.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

sounds like she was

• 1 month ago

Nasty can imply spite, and it is more likely this Clerk was simply having a bad day.  In that moment, she chose to take out her frustration on you.

• 1 month ago

She was a little brisk. No worse than that, and certainly neither rude nor nasty.

• A little rude maybe, but not worth taking personal. 

Cashiers have to put up with a number of trying or repetitive questions. It can wear on them after awhile. Especially if overworked.

• 1 month ago

she does sound rude

• 1 month ago

A little rude, depending on her tone. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.