Los Angeles vs New York what city has the best food ?

New York is good for it’s pizza and Italian restaurants but LA has the best Mexican food and burger spots as far as I know. What taste better in your opinion ?

• Sathi
    6 days ago

New York by far. The variety of ethnic restaurants is astounding. Even the street vendors have good food.

NYC and San Francisco both have far better restaurants that LA.  NYC has restaurants in dozens of ethnicities, including Afghan, Ethiopian, Peruvian, just to hit a few continents.  And I have a Mexican restaurant I eat in every couple months less than half a mile from my house, El Pollo.

• Lili

New York.

I've lived in LA, and I used to live close enough to New York to be in and out regularly.  Both cities offer FAR more than things like pizza and burgers, but on the whole, the better restaurants are in New York.

• John P

That depends on how your own taste buds are oriented.

• Neither but if i really had to pick I owuld go with Los Angeles. NYs food scene has become very boring. Its all about caveman mush like bone broth, mutton, butter in everything and peasant prrodge. Where is all the meatloaf, macarni salad, pizza and hot dogs i enjoyed in the 1950s??

Without a doubt - NYC

New York, without question...............

I don't consider pizza or burgers as the height of cuisine. L.A. used to be a haven for high-end steak spots and Mexican. But that changed 10 years ago or so, and it now has some of the most eclectic and great food in the country. Google the reviews of Jonathan Gold. New York has always had a vast array of restaurants, and you can certainly find anything you want- if you're willing to pay the high prices. 

San Francisco beats LA for sure.  Both high end and hole in the wall places.  Not just Mexican but other Central and South American places.  Indian.  Korean.  Dim Sum.  You name it.  LA has bit of those, but not to the extent in SF and the surrounding areas.  

NY I know has great eating, but I don't know it as extensively.  I would be surprised if you knew where to go you could not compete with SF.  

PS: For me, pizza/italian and even 'burger spots' mean little.  The difference between one to another is not something I recognize enough to care about.

San Francisco........