Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsHome Theatre · 2 months ago

What if one day in the future we go to the cinema and see they have replaced the traditional screens with vertical screens?

I'd hate that

Update:

Vertical video as opposed to horizontal that we currently have on tv systems

6 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I remember reading some years ago that in the future books would be printed with pages in landscape format because all of us were so used to seeing landscape shape on TV and on computer screens.

It is ironical that smartphones have caused many of us to shoot video in a very narrow 'portrait' (vertical) format, simply because it is easier to hold most smartphones that way.

As for cinemas - they will need a vertical rebuild to accommodate a reasonable sized vertical screen!

• 1 month ago

This is never happen or if they do it they will lose the customers i think. 

• 2 months ago

Nothing to do with Consumer Electronics, Home Theater.

• 2 months ago

It will never happen. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Screens that are vertical instead of straight up in front of you? You're a Biden supporter, aren't you?

• 2 months ago

You mean for cellphone videos?  8^)  I'd hate that too.  But they'd have to rebuild all the cinemas!  I'd probably have to turn my TV on its side also!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.