How do I get my college transcripts?

I went to a technical school, it was a place of business as well. The owners separated and one did the schooling while the other maintained the business. The business does not have any of my transcripts as they say I’d have to contact my teacher . But either he’s ignoring me or the phone number has changed. Is there another way to get your transcripts other than contacting the college ?

• John

Failing all else, if you need the transcripts badly enough you may want to retain counsel.  A sad fact of modern society is that often people will not take others seriously or do the right thing, until the other person hires an attorney.  

Doubtful. Teachers dont maintain transcripts, actually, the school does that--compiling your records. Sounds like they may not even have been accredited and may not have kept any records in particular.

• DON W

There's the National Student Clearinghouse in the US, but from your description it seems doubtful that your technical school would have participated with them.

Did you hold onto your grade reports, maybe as emails or as printed forms?

Sounds like the business isn't willing to help you, which is bad.

This is a problem for going to such a small technical school--record keeping can be poor and once a teacher has moved on, there's no much you can do.