how to print a picture from a sdcard that is bigger than my 8x10 paper?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your SD card is much, much smaller than 10 x 8 inches! I assume you want a big print from your little SD card, so go to a shop etc that provides photographic services, or look online and send your photo file by e-mail.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Bring it to a photo shop, the real one, not the software.

• 1 month ago

set the printer to scale to fit the page

• Jake
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Get a professional artist to sketch it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Sumi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I assume that you meant how to print a picture larger than an 8x10 from an SD card and not how to print an image from an SD card that is larger than 8x10.  Grammar is important.

Simply open the file in your favorite photo-editing software and choose to print.  Ctrl+P is often a keyboard shortcut.  Within the dialogue box, choose the size of the print you want.  Be aware that you may not be able to print an 8x10 print from the file(s) that you have.  Most of the time, this isn't a problem.  However, if your file has too low of a resolution, you will either get an error message stating that the file is too small, or you'll be able to print it but you'll be disappointed with the results.  To figure out whether or not your image file can be printed at the 8x10 size, divide the resolution of the image by 300.  For example, let's say you have a file that is 6,500 x 4,,300 (numbers are completely made up).  The largest that this resolution can be printed while maintaining photo quality is 21.6" x 14.33".

• 1 month ago

The sdcard is bigger than 8x10 paper? That's what your sentence says. Assuming you mean that you want to print a bigger picture, go to any FedEx/Kinko's office. They have computers that will read your card, and printers that will print poster-sized prints. Be aware that the picture has to be very high definition to print well on a large scale. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can bring the image file to places that print photos such as Costco, or you can buy an inkjet printer capable of making large prints. The larger the print the more expensive they are.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.