Is there a difference between Northern Europe vs Southern Europe on the way people look?

Well If your skin is very pale and freckly you from Scotland, Ireland or Scandinavia. 

Well people in Nordic countries like Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden are more blond hair and blue eyes.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

sure, the northerns dress a little warmer...

• 2 months ago

Hai mean Yes at Japan! Northern Europeans lighter in color of hair, eyes and skin. They also taller on average. Northern and Southern Chinese have some similar differences to Northern and Southern Europeans. These differences are adaption to different climates. 

• Thomas
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

To look into direction "inland", Southern Europeans have to turn North, Northern Europeans must turn South. Big difference. 180° reverse.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

People like to think so, but not much.  You'll find people with dark hair and olive complexions in the north, and blondes and redheads in the south.

Having lived in Europe, I can assure you of that.

Every European has colorfully mixed ancestry.  I am of mostly northern European stock, but even my ancestral DNA tests turned up some southern European ancestry. That's going to be true for everyone.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

OMG you have to be American to have such weird ideas about ethnicity in Europe.  In closed societies ethnicity varies over distance.  But in open/trading societies you find that ethnic traits are very muddied.  The majority of people in western Europe don't fit into the cultural racist stereotypes that Americans seem to cherish!

• 2 months ago

Nordic people might be tall yes but southern european ones are not short either

Southern Europe has blond haired and blue eyed people too

Next question 

• 2 months ago

Pale pinkskins vs oliveskins...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Europe is historically broken down into East and West. Corresponding to the East and West Roman Empire.

There are many different phenotypes there and you can see a difference at the extreme ends. However, those people can be born anywhere in Europe now. Europeans have mixed with each other way too much to say who's who. And on average they all look roughly the same.

Of course someone who subscribes to US Klan ideology is going to say southern Europeans are darker. Adding to that, I’m sure there’s lots of mixed Mezoamericans (Mestizos) who claim they’re southern European in the Americas too.

• East
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Yes in Northern Europe people are taller and lighter-skinned.  In Southern and Eastern Europe they’re shorter and darker-skinned.  Lots of exceptions though.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.