Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

if you could go back in time to your childhood with your current knowledge, wisdom, experience, etc then how would you change your life?

• Andy C

Nope.  Not anything.   It's a paradox thing. 

Be more sneaky in finding love making...... 

• Murzy

OMG! I would be bolder with the girls.

Life is changed more by the environment, not so much your ability & knowledge.

The first thing I would do, if I could, would be to pick a different set of parents.  My family life was toxic and dysfunctional, mostly because of bad parenting.  I see that looking back, I didn't see it at the time. 

What else?  I think I would have aimed higher in college.  I would have gotten a STEM degree, probably some kind of engineering.  I was smart enough, it was just the math that scared me.  College was basically FREE then!  I could have taken much better advantage of it.

I would have had more confidence in myself.  My parents and sibs gave me this message the whole time I was growing up that I was an idiot, unreliable, immature, irresponsible, I was God's mistake.  I didn't matter! 

When I was a young man, we were fighting the Vietnam War.  I went to college mostly to avoid the draft.  But around that time, the Prime Minister of Canada, (the current PM's dad, as it turns out!) invited young American men to come to Canada to avoid the war.  I loved Canada, and still do.  And I have to wonder how my life would be different now if I'd just up and moved to Vancouver or Calgary when I had the chance.  At the very least it would have gotten me away from my family.

I WOULD GO BACK TO YOUNG ADULT AGE WHEN I FIRST MET MY SOULMATE....THE REST IS PERSONAL...