Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 5 months ago

Do I really need to feed my cat wet food?

It's quite heavy on the budget. It's my fault that I got her used to getting fed wet food every day and spoiling her on the process.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

The cheapest wet food is better than the most expensive dry food, health-wise.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes, as it is just better for them.

Source(s): Reality.
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Wet food is far better for your cat then any kind of dry food.  Dry food can cause UTI issues, obesity, and early liver/kidney problems.  Feed canned food that does not have byproducts as the main ingredient.

• 5 months ago

Wet food is healthier than dry food, it has water and keeps the cat hydrated, and has more meat. I suggest you keep feeding her wet food.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes, wet is preferable. Healthier. But, your kitty is fine. There's one kind that  I buy & that's with a soft center. But, that's not a major point. Find the highest amount of protein. Kitties live on protein. Say, 30% or more.

• 5 months ago

I would keep feeding canned. Kibble can lead to health issues which cost money. You can get cheap canned food. There are plenty that are around 50 cents a can. That's only $15 a month. It wont be the healthiest food but even cheap canned food is better than kibble. 

• 5 months ago

no.   cats do fine on just kibble

• CB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I have had several cats survive nicely on kibble alone. It does tend to lend itself to urinary tract infections as they age. One solution might be mixing a little wet food with kibble - that is what we did later on to help prevent urinary tract infections. 

A cat might turn its nose up to the dry food for a couple days but when hungry enough will eat the dry food and learn to enjoy. 

• Barry
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

We feed our visiting feral cat on sardines and dry cat food. He seems to thoroughly enjoy both.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.