Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 5 months ago

Do I really need to feed my cat wet food?

It's quite heavy on the budget. It's my fault that I got her used to getting fed wet food every day and spoiling her on the process.

The cheapest wet food is better than the most expensive dry food, health-wise.

Yes, as it is just better for them.

Source(s): Reality.
  • Ocimom

Wet food is far better for your cat then any kind of dry food.  Dry food can cause UTI issues, obesity, and early liver/kidney problems.  Feed canned food that does not have byproducts as the main ingredient.

Wet food is healthier than dry food, it has water and keeps the cat hydrated, and has more meat. I suggest you keep feeding her wet food.

Yes, wet is preferable. Healthier. But, your kitty is fine. There's one kind that  I buy & that's with a soft center. But, that's not a major point. Find the highest amount of protein. Kitties live on protein. Say, 30% or more.

I would keep feeding canned. Kibble can lead to health issues which cost money. You can get cheap canned food. There are plenty that are around 50 cents a can. That's only $15 a month. It wont be the healthiest food but even cheap canned food is better than kibble. 

no.   cats do fine on just kibble

• CB

I have had several cats survive nicely on kibble alone. It does tend to lend itself to urinary tract infections as they age. One solution might be mixing a little wet food with kibble - that is what we did later on to help prevent urinary tract infections. 

A cat might turn its nose up to the dry food for a couple days but when hungry enough will eat the dry food and learn to enjoy. 

• Barry

We feed our visiting feral cat on sardines and dry cat food. He seems to thoroughly enjoy both.