Ted asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

What’s the cheapest way to remove spray paint from brick? ?

About two or 3 years ago I was spray painting something white, and accidentally got overspray on the brick wall. Being the dumb procrastinator I am. I just now waited to try and remove it. I tried using goof off pro strength remover with a cloth it didn’t work, I tried using over cleaner that someone suggested with a wire brush and it didn’t work. What can I do to remove it? 

• Kenny

Let paint remover set on it for about a hour then wash it off .  Try a small spot at the bottom to make sure it doesn't change the brick color first . 

Use a blowtorch.

If a wire brush won't shift it, it's there for keeps.  See if you can find some emulsion paint the same colour as the bricks and paint over it.

You might want to try a power wash.  You can probably rent one from Cresco Equipment Rentals or similar.  It's a device that spurts out water under very high pressure and is used to wash off tough places outside.  I used it recently to wash off black mold from the bricks on my walkway leading to the front door.

Caution:  If the mortar between you bricks is not in the best of shape a power wash can actually pulverize it and wash it away too.

• A

try a wire brush on a drill