Ted asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

What’s the cheapest way to remove spray paint from brick? ?

About two or 3 years ago I was spray painting something white, and accidentally got overspray on the brick wall. Being the dumb procrastinator I am. I just now waited to try and remove it. I tried using goof off pro strength remover with a cloth it didn’t work, I tried using over cleaner that someone suggested with a wire brush and it didn’t work. What can I do to remove it? 

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Kenny
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Let paint remover set on it for about a hour then wash it off .  Try a small spot at the bottom to make sure it doesn't change the brick color first . 

• 2 months ago

Use a blowtorch.

• 2 months ago

If a wire brush won't shift it, it's there for keeps.  See if you can find some emulsion paint the same colour as the bricks and paint over it.

• 2 months ago

You might want to try a power wash.  You can probably rent one from Cresco Equipment Rentals or similar.  It's a device that spurts out water under very high pressure and is used to wash off tough places outside.  I used it recently to wash off black mold from the bricks on my walkway leading to the front door.

Caution:  If the mortar between you bricks is not in the best of shape a power wash can actually pulverize it and wash it away too.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • A
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

try a wire brush on a drill

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.