Ricardo leon asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

I don't know what to do?

I'm worried about my dog he hasn't been the same since july 4th he hasn't eating the same and he's always trembling like he's scared of something and I'm worried something maybe wrong with him and the vet is no help if anyone knows what's wrong please help me

Your dog's shaking could be caused from several reasons like distemper, nausea, poison, kidney disease, liver disease.  Take your dog to a vet and the vet can run tests to find out what the problem is.  If you wait to long, any of the above listed causes can and most likely will kill your dog.

Then take your dog to the vet and see whats ailing it as any normal person would

I would be finding another Vet.

The Vet you use was no help whatsoever, examined the dog, found no problems?

Shaky & trembling could be pain.  How do you know a Vet can't help?  Did you take the dog in to see a Vet?

We cannot examine your dog,  there are not Vets on this site.  It could be more than fright from the fireworks cause a mental problem.  Could be something besides the fireworks,  could be totally not associated with the fireworks, could be a tumor growing somewhere, could be an ailment that is specific to the breed.

• Amber

In what way was the vet of no help? Maybe you need to see a different vet. You've given us no information really.

I felt like a right idiot when I spoke to my vet on the phone about my dog's sudden odd behaviour. Because it really was odd and the incidence were rare. Things like sometimes, when I let her outside she's just walk in circles. This would have once every few months, so not enough to be a real worry. Occasionally she'd stand on the hinge side of a door and wait for that part of the door to open. Sometimes she'd do repetitive behaviour or pace - again not frequently and it could easily have been put down to boredom. Sudden changes in mood. I just knew she wasn't right. Random fears of objects she knew well. The fear would be there one day and gone the next. I thought 'the vet is going to think I'm a hypochondriac over my dog'. She's just occasionally acting odd. The first vet just said keep an eye on her. I called and asked to speak to a different vet. She immediately said 'Canine Cognitive Dysfunction'. She gave me some medication for her symptoms and they vanished. Over time they symptoms showed up and we'd have to up her dose. 

But I'm so glad I pushed and that I did something because the medications have slowed the process down and keep her much happier.

i don't believe u have been to the vet.

You have given us ZERO information to work with so, we cannot help you.  If you expect help, then  -OUTLINE what tests the vet ran and the results which you should have on any  (itemized) vet bill or a summary printout of the tests and results. Also tell us what HAPPENED to your dog on July 4th. Was he exposed to fireworks?  Is your dog intact or neutered and give AGE & breed of your dog.

• Maxi

There is nothing anyone can do or say based on "he hasn't been the same" that doesn't give any information at all and the ONLY person who can help is the vet and that is by examining the dog, testing and by you giving more information than 'he hasn't been the same' and if one vet is 'no help' then visit another

If the vet is no help, and you decide to ask a batch or doggie witchdoctors on the internet who have not seen your animal.  God help the poor dog.