Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

Is it wrong that I have a part-time job yet im working 40 hours a week?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes, modern society is very wrong.  The key workers are definitely undervalued.

Give as much as you get (value of work = value of pay)

Take some time to develop your skills and CV/resume and find a better position.

• 1 month ago

Look at it is as an open door after 3 to 6 months, check with your manager or corporation, if you work, depending on the work and job, 3 to 6 months at "Full Time" hours, by Ohio law they must hire you on as "Full Time Employee" from "Part Time Employee". Each county and city and even zip codes and zoning laws can determine if you stay as "Full Time" or not, as well as tax breaks and tax discounts, it lead to some startling revelations for me, not just with the record companies, but other businesses. 

• 1 month ago

no , its ok , some times the hours are longer , and what rule is there to say  you cant , the hours you work over a year usual 1050 hours per year is full time .

its how many you do a year decides f it if full time or part time , 40 hours a week on 48 weeks is clasiffied as full time .

• 1 month ago

No. Why you ask cause they arent giving you benefits????

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

i need a part time work anyone help me to get work

• 1 month ago

Most places have a rule where an employee has to log a certain amount of consecutive weeks of 40+ hours.  There is no leeway and one must have 40 or more hours logged for consecutive weeks.  A lot of places creep around this to avoid paying full-time benefits.  If one needs to work four weeks straight of 40+ hours to be declared full-time, they will cut the number of hours one works for the fourth week down to 35 to keep that person from getting full-time status or maybe they mix it up and do it for different weeks so it's not obvious that's what they're doing.  Retail, grocery, and fast food are notorious for this practice.  Also, if someone is a new hire they may need to complete the 90-day probationary period before being eligible for full-time status.

• 1 month ago

It could be legally wrong depending on your state's laws and the size of company you work at..  Some states require benefits for full time employees such as PTO, Workers Comp, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health plans.  The size of the company you work at also comes into play.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What difference does the title make?  You are free to quit if you feel wronged.

• 1 month ago

No it's not wrong.  It's very typical, especially for salaried positions.  My late wife got hired for 20 hrs a week while proving her worth as the company lawyer.  She worked 40 hrs a week easy during that period.  And when she went full time, 40 hrs, she typically worked 80 hrs a week, including weekends and vacation time.

But, having said that...if your employment contract is for wage compensation by the hour, you should be paid for overtime when you exceed the contracted twenty hours a week.  That's a major difference between wage earners and salary earners, salary earners don't get paid extra for overtime.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Many ppl work multiple jobs.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.