who came up with the fake word Transgender since you can't be between genders if you are born male you are male for life, Female, Female ?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

good god i hate arguing with linguistic prescriptivists

• 1 month ago

1.} all words are make up

2.} the brain is where genders formed and yes a male brain can develop in a female body and vice versa

3.} gender is identity sex is bioligy

there are people born with vaginas who's chromisomses are xy 

and men whos cromisomes are xx

there are people born with xxy and xxyy

• 2 months ago

Your severe lack of knowledge about such things is not enough to make your beliefs correct.  In a court, ignorance of the law is no excuse.  In science, ignorance of the facts doesn't mean your opinions are right.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Everyone's DNA will always show what the gender of that individual was at birth. That was their God-given gender and nothing will change that regardless of how many times an individual now insists that they are the opposite of their birth gender.  For the few unfortunate people born with a mixture of both genders (who used to be called hermaphrodite but now are called intersex) everyone else is either male or female and their DNA will confirm that regardless of what they do to their bodies to fool themselves and others into thinking they are the opposite of what they truly are.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Transgender, is an umbrella term that contains many sub groups.

It's not fake to those who are trans.  But by all means continue in your own narrow ideology at the expense of those you do not like, it doesn't speak well of you..

There's a huge difference between tolerance and belief in something.

• HMFan
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Gone are the days when human sexuality was thought of as a simple binary model. There are many finer nuances to human sexuality than initially thought and as “strange” as some of them may be to your average person, that doesn’t mean they don’t exist. It’s all fine and good from YOUR standpoint to state that transgender people are “fake” but that’s only YOUR opinion from YOUR point of view. Also remember that there are a number of components that make up one’s sexuality; one’s sex is not simply “penis” or “vagina.”

Think of human sexuality as color: “male” or “blue” are simply very broad, non-specific terms. In fact there can be many different versions of the color blue like: aquamarine, cobalt, royal, turquoise, navy, cerulean, robin’s egg, azure, sky, ocean, baby... Similarly, there can be different versions of male and female and some blend from one into another.

• Jake
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Dude I get it. There are only two genders. But if you’re a boy and get **** and take estrogen. If you’re a man and look like a woman you’re transgender. Same thing with vice versa. Doesn’t matter what your genitals are. As long as you can fool most people with your appearance you’re trans.

• 2 months ago

Maybe before science you could mount that argument,  but then if you did the people of the day would think you are mad as back then they did not have transgender people as we know them. 

I dont get what you are suggesting when you say fake.  A word is just a sound, a way to describe a thing.   Words are not set in stone and so for as long as we have had speech,  they have been evolving,  now ones coming along while others have disappeared or some have changed meanings or adopted new meaning.  

You list and I quote:  "if you are born male you are male for life"

and i suspect you fell the same if you are born female.

If that is so I would then ask how do you define an intersex person.  I suggest researching the condition before jumping to a conclusion.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The word transgender is by no means fake.  Look it up in a dictionary, you moron.  Read the wikipedia article about transgender/transsexuality, too.  Maybe you'll actually learn something and come away from it no longer appearing quite so stupid.

• 2 months ago

Transgender is not a fake word it has is base in latin just like cisgender and many other words in common usage today.

There is gender variation in 1 out of every 1800 to 2000 births.  There have always been intersex people and their "gender" was assigned to them by their parents at birth instead of letting that person figure out what gender felt natural to them.

There are certain societies where people were recognized as gender fluid and/or bisexual as part of the societal construct of two spirits or duality. 

Every human has implicit bias about themselves and about others. It is how our brains automatically classify the information it receives. 

It is only in the last 100 or so years that straight sexuality quit being the default and as we accepted that, we added new aspects to our identity. 

As we have matured and evolved society has begun to realize that cis and straight are not the only identities. Thus we have added gay, lesbian, bisexual, transsexual, and gender fluid to allow other members of our societies to recognize and accept those difference. 

It isn't about coming out it is about opening other peoples minds to the reality that straight and cisgender is not the default classification

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.