Would it ruin a friendship If I let him know this (LGBT)?

That I have feelings of love toward him, but that there's no sexual or romantic intention from me and that I would never be disrespectful toward him. I just want to let this friend know that he's my impossible love. :-). I've told him he's cute in the past but he immediately changes topic. 

If he changes the subject quickly, he probably already knows. Just leave it at that.

It would be about the same as any situation of unrequited love.  It can work to some extent but might end your friendship.  It's hard to adjust to.

I 100% agree with the first answerer. But I would also ask you: WHY do you feel such a strong need to tell him this? When he obviously isn't interested in you, and it would only make things awkward between you? Like what happened when you told him he was cute, times a thousand..? 

I think it would be a really stupid, selfish thing to do. And I also suspect you would be doing it from the perspective of desperately HOPING he might reciprocate your feelings. Which.. sucks to be you, but that's just NOT going to happen! So hopefully you can just get it out of your mind. And hopefully, one day, find someone who WILL reciprocate your feelings! I fully believe there's someone out there, for just about everyone.

Source(s): Someone who's personally felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable, when certain people just have NOT been willing to heed my signals that I'm not interested in them. In fact..? I've even had friendships end, because of it.

yeah if he changes the subject quickly, he probably already knows. Just leave it at that.