1878
1878 asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 6 months ago

I sent a parcel using Royal Mail Special Delivery. It was 100% delivered and signed for but the buyer has opened up a not received case.?

i have all the proof that is was signed for.

What do i do next?

I think the buyer is trying to scam me out of £245.

Ebay normally takes the side of the buyer.

Signed by WHO???

Did you make sure you get ONLY the buyer's signature?

I know, for a fact other people can sign, for items, and this doesn't mean an item would actually go where it's suppose to go.

I signed, for items that were suppose to go to someone else, and this is how I know that someone else can get involved, and if this is what happened then maybe the buyer never received his, or her item.

If someone else did the same thing as me then maybe the buyer never received the item.

I don't know how you managed to get someone to sign something.

I am an ebay buyer. I never had to sign ANYTHING. How it suppose to work is a seller ships an item to the buyer, and the person who delivers the item just drops it off. It could be in a mail box, or on a porch in front of the door of the buyer's home, or just in front of wherever the buyer is located, or maybe in something that's more secure. I never was told to sign anything after my packages were delivered.

Can you prove that the buyer was the person who signed, for the item?

If you can't then you could lose the case, and I think ebay will be on the buyer's side.

I received almost every item I bought from ebay. There is still one item that I have not received yet. I don't think it's a big deal if I don't receive it, and I won't open up a case either, for the item. Because the item was cheap, and I could always buy it somewhere else.

Currently I am living with other people, and I know, for a fact that anyone who I reside with can easily take my packages if I don't take it first. The last package I received from ebay was put in a mail box that's in front of where I live, and I never signed anything. I look in the mail box, and if something is in the mail box, for me then I grab it, and then open it.

• Jenny

A couple of years ago my husband ordered something from ebay. We had a tracking number and after a couple of days it showed "delivered" but we had not received anything! Most likely the package was inadvertently delivered to the wrong address. I contacted the postmaster but it didn't go anywhere. We were out the money. Because the postal service showed it to have been delivered, we didn't have a case to demand our money back. We have not ordered anything from ebay since.

You can send a copy of the notice that the package has been delivered by the Royal Mail when you dispute the buyer's claim. 

Firstly check that you sent it to the address as specified in the paypal payment. Not any address that you were given by an " oh, that's an old address, this is the correct address" message.

You are stuffed if you did change the address, or not use the address from the paypal account (log in to check).Did you upload tracking info to the ebay transaction? 

You should respond, stating delivery date/time at (insert given address).

Thatsall you can do. 

• Maxi

Attach a copy of your signed for recieve reciept to Ebay, that proves it was delivered and signed for.... Ebay 'sides' with proof

If you have proof the item was delivered,  that is enough.  Stolen after delivery isn't anything you could prevent. 

• ?

Ebay takes the side of the buyer when you DIDN'T use special delivery, since you have, if you are sure that is the service you used and you still have the receipt, it is a guaranteed service so they shouldn't side with the buyer. As long as it really was special delivery and not just the signed for service.

If you have the evidence it has been delivered and signed for then contact Ebay and explain the situation. Ebay will not take the side of the buyer if you give them the proof.