Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

2nd Ammendment Question?

If someone is living off the grid. There's threat of bears, wolves and let's say the threat of people trying to steal a claim you have or rob you for it.

You have felonies. 

Shouldn't you have the right to bear arms?

Especially with everything going on it the world today?

I mean you need food when the stores run out and defend yourself right. If a wild animal rushes you what are you supposed to do?

Thankfully I moved to Oregon after 24 years in Cali, where bow hunting is legal and I have a year till I can get my felonies reduced(all of them wobblers)

I got shot at the time of the incident 1/2 inch from my femoral through and through.

Anyway thanks for answering, I kinda figured this was going to turn political vs ethical and appreciate the time even those who had nothing good to say.

Felonies means no guns.  That is federal law.   You get bear spray to handle the bears,   pepper spray to handle the people trying to steal stuff.    Get a gun and you go back to jail.  

• Isabel

In Britain, which has super strict gun laws, farmers are allowed rifles to protect their stock from predators.  For that reason, as a rural rancher with grizzly bears everywhere, I’m not worried that my need to carry a bear gun will be disrupted.  But my needs are not the same as those of the 80% of Americans who live in urban environments.

Maybe they should not have committed felonies.

People in some cities are seeing their policing reduced and at the same time their ability to own a gun legally diminished. So no, in certain municipalities the "right" to safety of any kind is being taken away. And Gov. Cuomo doesn't understand why wealthy Manhattanites are choosing to switch their primary residences to their Hamptons summer homes. 

50 lb test pull on a compound Bow will bring down

any 4 foot creature on the planet. And as far as two

footed fools. No contest. Silence is golden.

If it weren't for those felonies, you would have the right. Your actions (committing those felonies) caused you to lose those rights. Actions have consequences.

You will have to do your hunting and fishing without firearms. How good are you with a bow?

You do know that this is 2020 , not 1820 ,right ?

You LOST that right. Most convicted felons have no problem breaking the law, do they?

• Expat

No. You're a felon. You gave up that right. Sorry, but move somewhere safer. 

Every state has laws AGAINST convicted felons from owning or possessing firearms. Period the end.