Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 5 months ago

What’s wrong with me?

I have NO idea how to explain this but I’ll try. For example, if I’m walking over a line in the sidewalk, or too close to something, I start over and go back to where I started. If I don’t I feel like something bad is going to happen to me. Another example is if I’m pressing a button, and it feels like something might be wrong with where I pressed it, I do it over and over until I feel comfortable. Basically, I can’t do much without being scared. This has happened for over a year now I’m pretty sure and has gotten in the way of school and anything productive. What’s wrong with me?

• Andy C

You're not a victim because you have OCD.  Therapy and possibly some anti-anxiety are excellent coping mechanisms. 

Properly treated,  your life doesn't have to be stuck at home or not invited to parties.

We're all programmed with instincts that better our odds of survival.  Sometimes we are born with errors in the coding and get too much or too little of the necessary instincts. This doesn't make you less of a human, just human  

It sounds like OCD and phobias.

This may clear up on it's own.

If it doesn't go and get help.

That's obsessive-compulsive disorder.

• Liz

Hi. Perhaps you're a victim of phobias. Why not take a look at the article on the website below which discusses phobias. If you're still interested, there are other articles dealing with the subject and which offer practical suggestions.

Wishing you the best.

Source(s): wol.jw.org/g87 2/8 Fenced In by Phobias