Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

How can a 67 year old woman lift and carry a 29 year old guy?

I know someone who's mom is 67 and lifted and carried him over her shoulder the fireman's carry. She is 67 kind of thin and looked exactly like Brady Reiter and he is 29 and thin. How could she do it? 

cause shes very strong

Some people are just in great shape at 67 and sometimes much older. My neighbor is 72.  She totally re-landscaped her yard, including carrying big rocks, planting six 10 foot trees and put up a fence all by herself.  Plus she mulched everything by herself, too.  She also walks everywhere... she has a car, but sometimes prefers to walk.  She's amazing.

The same way mommy carries around her fourteen year old.

She is 67 kind of thin and looked exactly like Brad Pitt and he is 29 and thin and looks a lot like Angelina Jolie. How could these two Brangelinas do it. That's what you want to know, isn't it? 

• zvo

What else is she going to do with him??

That lady must be in good shape overall because I'm pleasantly surprised that she can lift such a heavy burden at her age.  I'm thinking more of the state of her bones since so many ladies develope osteoporosis in later life.  However, I'll say this, the fireman's lift is a technique developed to make it possible to lift and carry another adult human being for some distance.  If you haven't learnt the technique it is much harder going, you'll be likely to injure yourself too because people are awkward to carry.  I'm 5'2" female and carryng a guy in a fireman's lift used to be my party trick.  I was taught by a retired fireman, funnily enough.  So the answer is that she used good technique.